- PauseAI protest @ The Hague, Netherlands - August 11th
We are organizing a protest to demand a pause on dangerous AI development.
- PauseAI protest @ FCDO, London, July 13th
- PauseAI protest @ FCDO, London, July 18th
- (Cancelled) PauseAI protest @ United Nations, NYC, July 18th
- PauseAI protest @ Office for AI - June 29th
- PauseAI protest @ Parliament Square - June 8th
We are organizing a protest at Parliament Square to demand a summit to pause AI development.
- PauseAI protest @ Melbourne - June 16th
Join PauseAI for an upcoming peaceful protest at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre (MCEC) where Sam Altman will be having a talk in Melbourne.
- PauseAI protest @ Google DeepMind - May 19th - 22nd
We are organizing a protest at Google DeepMind to demand a summit to pause AI development.
- PauseAI protest @ Bletchley Park - November 1st
We are organizing a protest at Bletchley Park, during the AI Safety Summit
- International PauseAI protest 21st October 2023
We are organizing an international protest to demand a pause on dangerous AI development.
- 4 Levels of AI safety regulation
A framework for thinking about how to mitigate the risks from powerful AI systems
- Take action
Ways to help out with pausing AGI development.
- Why an AI takeover is extremely likely
As AI surpasses human capabilities, the likelihood of an AI takeover approaches 100 percent
- PauseAI protest @ Microsoft Brussels - May 23rd, 2023
We are organizing a protest at Microsoft to demand a summit to pause AI development.
- Rebutting skeptical arguments about AI existential risks
Why AI existential risks are real and deserve serious attention
- Cybersecurity risks of AI
How AI could be used to hack all devices.
- Regulating dangerous capabilities in AI
The more powerful AI becomes in specific domains, the larger the risks become. How do we prevent these dangerous capabilities from appearing or spreading?
Frequently asked questions about PauseAI and the risks of superintelligent AI.
- Implementing a Pause internationally - addressing the hard questions
What would an AI Pause look like? How do you continue to actually prevent a superintelligence from being created?
- Join PauseAI
Sign up to join the PauseAI movement.
- Learn why AI safety matters
Educational resources (videos, articles, books) about AI risks and AI alignment
- Tips for effective lobbying
How to convince your government that they need to organize an AI summit
- Pausing AI development might go wrong. How to mitigate the risks?
This article addresses some of the risks of pausing AI development, and how to mitigate them.
- PauseAI candlelit vigil @ UN HQ NYC, 3rd of June
- Offense / Defense balance in AI safety
How to think about the balance between offense and defense in AI safety
- San Francisco's 3-Day Picket: Demanding Pause on Advanced AI Development Near OpenAI
- Organizing a PauseAI protest
It's not very hard!
- Polls & surveys on AI governance, safety and risks
How much do regular people and experts worry about AI risks?
- PauseAI Proposal
Implement a temporary pause on the training of AI systems more powerful than GPT-4, ban training on copyrighted material, hold model creators liable.
- PauseAI Protesters Code of Conduct
- PauseAI Protests
When and where we will be protesting.
- The difficult psychology of existential risk
Thinking about the end of the world is hard.
- Risks of artificial intelligence
AI threatens our democracy, our technology, and our species.
- Concrete scenarios for catastrophic AI risks
How superintelligent AI could cause human extinction.
- State-of-the-art AI capabilities vs humans
How smart are the latest AI models compared to humans?
- Towards the next AI Safety Summit
Why we need the AI safety summit to happen, and what it should achieve.
- Why we might have superintelligence sooner than most think
We're underestimating the progress of AI, and there is a small but realistic chance that we are very close to a superintelligence.
- How to write a letter or email to someone in power
A guide on how to write a lobby letter
- Writing press releases for protests
How to be effective at writing a press release to cover a protest.
- The existential risk of superintelligent AI
Why AI is a risk for the future of our existence, and why we need to pause development.
- AI Outcomes
What will happen if we continue to build AI?